Keeping swimming pool water clean is one of the most important tasks of a pool owner. Read on to know some simple steps that can make the task of keeping pool water clean.
A dip into the swimming pool in summers can be one of the best experiences ever, and if you own a swimming pool, the fun certainly gets doubled. However, to make optimum use of your swimming pool, it is important to keep the pool and its parts clean. Also, it is extremely important to install quality Pool Filters, so that the water of your swimming pool remains sparkling throughout the year. The popular pool filters include DE Filter Grids and cartridge filters, though many pool owners prefer using the latter, as they are easy to clean and replace.
Let us have a look at some simple water treatment and testing steps that can help you in keeping your pool clean:
- Make sure that you clean the pump and the skimmer baskets from time to time.
- The level of water must reach at least halfway on the skimmer box. If the water level is more than half, skimming will not be effective.
- The swimming pool filter cartridges must be back-washed, and when required, must be deep cleaned.
- The water of the pool must turnover completely once in a day. If required, increase the time of filtration.
- Next, it is important to check the salt chlorinator for deposits of calcium.
- Once you run the filter for about 10 minutes, take the water sample below the waterline and test the same using a testing kit, or by taking it to a pool professional.
- Take a deep look at the pool water and ensure that it is looking crystal clear. Also, the water of the pool should not be having an unpleasant taste or smell.
- The filter cartridges must be removed and cleaned. Use a garden hose to rinse off the dirt from the cartridges. Make sure you do not use too much pressure while cleaning the cartridges; else the dirt will get embedded further into them.
- Add chlorine (lithium hypochlorite) to the water of the swimming pool, and run the pool pump for around 20 minutes.
- As a part of the weekly tasks, a pool owner must ensure that he/she checks the alkalinity level and the pH of the swimming pool water. If required, they must be adjusted.
- If you find the water of your swimming pool cloudy, make sure you use a water clarifier. Also, to avoid cloudy water, make sure that everyone takes a shower before stepping into the pool.