A clogged spa filter is not an issue to worry about. It is easy to unclog the filter and get it back in normal working condition without wasting much time or effort. Cleaning your spa regularly and carrying out all the maintenance tasks accordingly, will help to keep your spa filter clean and clear, and prolong its life.
To avoid problems with the spa, one should choose high quality spa equipment such as Apollo spa filter parts.
Following are the steps that can help in solving the clogged spa filter problem:
- Carefully detach the filter from your hot tub or spa. Depending on the model of the spa, the location of the filter varies in different spas. In this case, it is better to refer to the owner's manual. It features a diagram that clearly specifies the location of the spa filter. Even while attaching the spa replacement parts, you should read the instructions in the manual first.
- Remove large debris and dirt from the filter by gently scrubbing it with a brush having soft bristles. Dispose off all the dirt properly. Do not leave the debris in the drain as it may get clogged. It is best to dump it outside along with other wastes.
- Take hot water in a large bucket. Add as many cups of vinegar as the number of gallons of water in the bucket and make a fine solution.
- In the bucket containing the vinegar solution, immerse the spa filter. Submerge it properly in the solution, so that each of its parts gets cleaned. Let the spa filter stay in the solution overnight. This way, the dirt and debris stuck on the filter will get loosened and dissolve in the solution.
- Next morning, take out the filter from the solution. Wipe off any dirt remaining on the filter with a wet rag. Remove the debris trapped in cracks and crevices with a toothbrush.
- Use a standard garden hose set on high pressure to rinse the spa filter. Remove the traces of cleaning solution if any, to make the filter look as good as new.
- Attach the filter back in its place carefully. Refer to the owner's manual to avoid any mistake while attaching the filter. If your filter faces problems despite regular cleaning, spa filter replacement is the most suitable option for you.
The functionality of a hot tub depends on the spa parts one chooses. Spa parts in Canada are known for their high standard of quality.