A hot tub needs to be maintained properly so that it can function like new for years to come. A spa owner can keep a check on the cleanliness of spa water by installing quality filter like Saratoga spa filters.
While buying a hot tub, one of the major concerns is its maintenance. Many spa owners think that they will have to spend a lot of money and time if they install a hot tub. However, if done in the right manner, maintenance of a hot tub is not a difficult task. Here, we shall discuss how a hot tub can be maintained in the simplest possible manner:
The first thing that should be done is to install an efficient spa filter. Saratoga Spa filters are known for their high efficiency and durability. These filters play a major role in keeping the water of the spa crystal clear. The filter cartridge traps all the impurities present in the water of the spa and keeps the water clean. Even the minute impurities that cannot be seen with the naked eye are trapped by this filter – this ensures that the water of the spa remains clean at all times.
Water Care and Maintenance- To Do List
- Keeping the spa water free from bacteria, odor, stains and microbes is of extreme importance.
- A regular maintenance schedule needs to be followed – this involves cleaning the filter cartridge. The filter cartridge must be back-washed once in two-three weeks and the cartridge must be deep cleaned once in every three months.
- As soon as you spot any problem in the functioning of the spa, make sure you take measures to prevent the same, before they become major issues.
Hot Tub Filter Care and Maintenance- Guidelines
The following parameters must be kept in mind by a spa owner:
- pH must range between 7.4 – 7.6
- The calcium hardness must range between 150 – 250 PPM
- Total alkalinity must be between 80 – 120 PPM
- Total dissolved solids must reach not more than 1500 PPM
- The maximum temperature that you must keep is 104°F (40°C)
- Water of the spa must be tested regularly
Filter Replacement- How to Choose?
While choosing a replacement cartridge, make sure you note down the specifications of the original pool filter cartridges, and choose the replacement cartridge accordingly.
Recommended Product: Unicel 4CH-20 complies perfectly with the technical specifications of OEM # 20241-238, Unicel # 4CH-20, Pleatco # PSG25P4 and Filbur# FC-0125. The replacement filter cartridge is 6 3/4" in length and 4 5/8"in width, and can efficiently handle a top load of 25 Sq. Ft. The top of the replacement filter cartridge comprises of a moulded cone handle, and the bottom constitutes of a 1 1/2” open hole.