Select your sta-rite filter cartridges here.Click Go! to select from the list.
Pool Clarity TipsClick on one of the questions below to see its answer.
1. How can we avoid white scaly material build-up in pools?
Pool water can be kept clean and any formation of such white matter can be avoided completely with the use of filters. The white material that you get to see on the walls of pools is calcium build-up. The new cartridge filters have technologically advanced filament that coagulates minerals, algae, microbes and contaminants of all kind. So, when calcium does not find an escape in the pool water, their deposition on the walls is out of question. Installation of a Hayward cartridge filter can be ideal for avoiding the formation of Stains and Scales on walls of the pools.
2. Is it possible to get rid of algae permanently?
Algae formation is a very normal phenomenon seen in pool water. It seems pool users have become used to it. But then now it is possible to get rid of algae with the installation of pool cartridge filters. Such filters when installed in ponds are a good prevention from algae formation. They are capable of depositing everything on their cartridge surface that remains suspended in the water. It is found that phosphates are the food for algae. As everything is clogged by the filter cartridge, there is no scope for any phosphates to escape in the water. As this continues for days the algae do not find any food to eat and so die out in that process. Using a Jandy cartridge filter can relieve pools from algae contamination.
3. Can filters remove cloudiness of water?
Cloudiness of water occurs when particles in water are too small to be filtered out. It also happens when incompatible chemicals get released into the water. Other reasons for it are high pH, high alkalinity and high calcium levels. All these problems are looked after by cartridge filters. The cartridge filtering medium is made up of polyester material and has evenly distributed pores. These pores are so tiny that they can easily trap particles that are 5 microns sized. Thus small, particles, chemicals, minerals and everything else get trapped and deposits on the cartridge surface. Hence, the water remains crystal clean, pH remains balanced and alkalinity and calcium levels also remain stable. Installing a Doughboy cartridge filter can serve this purpose.
4. What is the true process of cleaning a clogged pool filter Cartridge?
There are a few steps that when followed can reasonably help pool users get rid of the dirt that deposits on the cartridge of the filter that they are using. The steps are as under:
1. It is very important to turn off the pump before starting with the cleaning of a pool filter. This is because it is possible that without a filter, there are chances that the pump may get burnt when kept on.
2. Remove the cartridge from the filter socket. Make use of a garden hose to spay between the pleats of the cartridge maintaining an angle of 45 degree. The water jet should be tight enough so as to remove as much debris as it may be possible.
3. Pour a calculated amount of muriatic acid solution in a half filled bucket of water. Immerse the cartridge and keep adding water until it gets completely immersed. The filter too can be immersed in the solution.
4. Agitate the filter and its cartridge part for fifteen minutes and see the results. If the water becomes very dirty then discard the solution and repeat the process until the water starts to clear up. The cartridge can then be kept immersed in the solution for a couple of hours or overnight.
5. Remove the cartridge from the muriatic acid solution. Feel it with your fingers. If the pleats feel slimy then it means that it is still dirty. Wash with clean jets of water and if required replace the cartridge with a new one.
6. Dry the washed cartridge in sunlight before it is refitted in the filter. Then restore the filter in the swimming pool. Restart the pump and check for any leaks in the filter. 5. Which pool filter is the best for keeping swimming pools clean?
The smaller the particles pool filters trap, the cleaner the ponds become. It is keeping this point in view that Cartridge filters are largely brought to use. This filter can trap particles 3 to 5 microns in size. Such small sized particles are invisible to normal vision but large quantities of these particles can cause water to appear cloudy. The cartridge filter keeps on trapping impurities on a continuous basis. As it clogs particles very small in size so the pool clarity is maintained by installation of a Waterway cartridge filter or similar Pentair pool products.